Friday, February 24, 2012

The laguage of advertising


I chose to write a response to Charles A. O'Neill's essay " The Language of Advertising", because Personally I completely agree with O'Neill, simply because I believe that advertisements will always be a part of our lives. There's no way to avoid them, and I think that people are definitely capable of thinking for themselves and I think it's time to start doing that when it comes to making decisions about what were buying and not have big corporations make these decisions for us. If we had a better understanding for advertisements and truly new the pros and cons of a product that was being sold, instead of letting them hypnotize us, we could be able to make that buying decision independently and not feel pressured to buy it if you didn't want to.



2 comments:

  1. Well done, good post. I like how you weren't afraid to voice your opinion here. It's true that ultimately we decide if we spend or save!

    I like the image you added. It gets my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christina,

    As the author of the essay, I found your comments to be very useful. Critical thinking is important!

    Best of luck with your studies.

    Charles O'Neill
    Waltham, MA

    ReplyDelete