Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Book Review

The novel I read, "Starry, Starry Night," by Lurlene McDaniel, was published on september 13, 2011 by Random House Digital, Inc and contains 272 pages. The novel is a three story book that gives you a touching experience,  and you feel the struggle these young teens go through and how they overcome them.  In the opening story, "Christmas Child," 15-year-old Melanie feels cheated when her baby sister, born during the holidays, lives only a few hours. But the baby's brief life shows Melanie the lasting value of love. Brenda struggles between noble intentions and earthier desires when she becomes a dying boy's final chance for happiness in "Last Dance." In my favorite story, the closing story, "Kathy's Life," presents a 16-year-old who appears to have it all. Kathy is beautiful, intelligent, and has the perfect job as a live-in caretaker for a couple's baby boy. But not everything is as perfect as it seems. Kathy gives up the one person she loves most in the world, her child Christian to a couple that wants to adopt. This was my favorite story because it shows the struggles a teen mom has to go through in order to make the right decision for her baby. I couldn't imagine having to give up my child, especially at a young age. " Christian can have a wonderful life now. I love him but I am just not at the time in my life where I can raise a baby. He will forever be in my heart." Says Kathy. This quote really shows the maturity Kathy has and the love she has for her baby, Christian. She is willing to do anything to make sure her child has a good life, even if it means spending it with someone else. You will be inspired, enlightened, and comforted by these moving stories that depict the many kinds of love in the world. I highly reccomend this book because every novel that the author, Lurlene McDaniel has wrote, I have absolutely loved! Her books have a way of keeping you in intrested throughout the whole book, and leaves you wanting more. If you love romantic, adventurous, touching novels, this author and book is the one for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment